Sunday, September 24, 2017

This too shall pass....


This too shall pass…..






Image result for staring at crescent moon
When the dark days come and the enemy whispers lies, life must go on. When all you want to do is hide under a warm blanket and lay tear stained face on a cool pillow, life must go on.

Faith is not a bunch of one line quotes about doors closing and others opening. Faith is breathing when breath is lost. Faith is walking when legs won’t move. Faith is laughing in conversation when tears threaten to drown you. Faith is living with shattered pieces. Faith is seeing light pierce through a filter of darkness, and knowing that God Almighty is the Light that overcomes.

The reflective moon found me high above as I swatted mosquitos, while walking out of a weed filled garden, earlier this summer. I held a blessed bag of harvested produce and I gazed up, looking with humidity stained sweat pouring down my face and saw the crescent moon. Lord, my voice raised, please don’t let my faith, on this day of broken dreams, reflect such little light. My child, the Lord responded, your light is blocked by the arms of the Savior, carrying you.

……tears mixed with humid sweat and salty tears began their river down my face and soaked my shirt. Words of old hymns, it is well with my soul, flood my mind and I lay the harvest down, lift my hands in dwindling sun light and sang praise into the dusk.



A few weeks, maybe even months now, I learned that my job, that God gave me less than two years ago, would end in March of 2018. I trust my Savior fully, but on that day, flesh took over and I, like anyone else, began to question. I have since found peace and know that God has a plan, but on that day, I worshiped. I stood looking at the moon and remembered my journey with the Lord about the reflective moon and there, coming from harvest, I found peace.

Father God, when the dark days come and words are not enough, I thank you, that you are always enough. I pray for the person that is facing a storm, show them peace. Let them live in the brokenness, knowing that even Savior was broken, that life could be given. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment