Saturday, September 16, 2017

Strong Arm


Strong Arm





Early morning traffic and I sit stopped, watching a crane slowly lower a beam onto an unseen platform. I start to turn my view and then stop, hearing the sweet voice of Savior say, there is a message in this….

The crane is large and tall, standing like a giant over unfinished design. The steel beam, on scale, looks small and weightless as it gently swings by what appears to be a thin rope.  The light turns green and I press forward, still searching for the meaning. I think of how large that crane is and again of how small that steel beam appears, but I know that steel beam weighs tons. Then as I make my right turn, tears crest and thank you spills from my lips as the message is spoken in audible sound.

It takes a great big God to carry my heavy burdens.

The world sees a crane, large in statue, carrying a beam, small in comparison. Dangling weightless and guided to its new destination. The crane operator knows that the machine is perfectly balanced to carry a heavy load and that he must slowly carry that load to a new destination, so that it doesn’t spin out of control and break loose or ram into other things causing damage.

My God is the operator and strong arm of the crane that carries me. When my load is heavy, he slowly guides me to a new place and gently lowers me into perfect order. To the world I seem okay with my heavy burdens mask by smiles and laughter, but my God sees the inside and He carries me. When I try to take over the crane, life begins to spin to fast and then I crash into things, leaving brokenness in my wake.

Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle

and humble in heart and you will find rest for yourselves.

For My yoke is easy and My burden light.

Matthew 11:28-30



Father, in a world where we all seek control, I ask that you give us peace in knowing that you are the operator and by trusting you, we will be placed in our perfect home. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment