Sunday, February 11, 2018

Jesus Wept


Jesus Wept





Image result for weeping willow tree
I’ve had some news this week from family and friends being viciously attacked by the enemy. I sat reading a private message last night from a dear sister in Christ who feels, “murdered, but I am still alive”, by the events that have taken place in her life this last few days. I wept with her over miles and prayed God could let her feel my hand holding hers from across the country. Other news of sickness and unspeakable events had already hurt this praying heart and I just sat, while my husband pumped gas, and I stared. I sat in silence as we drove home, thinking of everything I had heard this week and wondered how I could pray for them all. How do I tell brokenness that God has a plan. How do I  remind someone of God’s plan for them, when the life they thought He had promised them, just fell apart.

I thought about a woman that I used to work with and when I would go through something difficult, she would say, no weapon, formed against you will prosper. Then she would say, “What part of NO WEAPON, do you not understand?” God bless her…she is right. The enemy will use anything and everything to try to rip us apart. He has already lost us to the Cross, he has no power over our eternity, so he works to destroy our testimony, so that others will see us as failures. God turns our brokenness into our testimony. 



Jesus wept

John 11:35

When we hurt, the Son feels the pain of our heart and He weeps. He didn’t cry because Lazarus died, he wept because His friends were in pain. When you think that God has forgotten you, He hasn’t. He feels your pain, He understands your flesh, after all, He is Creator God.

I do want to remind you of what Christ did after he wept for the heart break of His friends.

38 Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. 39 Jesus said, “Take away the stone.”

Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days.”

40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying.[d] And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

John 11: 38-44

When you think your world is falling apart and that God can’t fix it. Remember this, Lazarus was dead. If Jesus can raise the dead, he can restore whatever it is that is hurting you.



Will you join me in praying for all of the hurting people? Prayer request are private, but my God knows them. A lot of people are hurting right now and they need Christian’s to pray.



Lord, I lift up my friends that are going through pain and defeat. I pray you give them strength to face the Lion’s den. God you are mighty and right now, I need the stone moved, Lazarus to come forth, and the weapon to be defeated. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment