Sunday, October 29, 2017

Never Changing


Image result for barns and silos on south new hope road, gastonia nc


Driving down a road less traveled my heart hurt as I saw progress, replacing trees with neighborhood roads, old silos, once tall and proud, with round-abouts, and pastured fields with small-yard homes. Gone were the country roads, lined with trees and painted white farm houses.

As a child, we had very little and rarely did we go places on weekends, but our mother did like to find change in the couch, gather up old coke bottles, and take us for a drive through the country. We would stop at a family owned store to turn in old coke bottles for new ones and a piece of candy or slice of cheese, if enough change was found.
After Momma died, I too, would take drives through the country, to clear my head. I did a lot of thinking on that country road  and I those roads hold a lot of imagination. I used to dream of bare-foot runs through the wheat grassy fields and hide and seek games in the old barns.

Change is a part of life and I'm normally just fine with progress. I guess seeing my sweet  country road turning into a round-about neighborhood was like saying good-bye to my mother again.

Hope is knowing that Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. No matter how much this world changes, His love , Word, and Promises, remain the same.

Father, when life changes, let us find comfort knowing that you will always be the same. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment