Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Special


Merry Christmas





Image result for christ at christmas
Many years ago, on a Christmas Morning, I sat opening gifts. Slightly less gifts than in years before, but I didn’t care because right in the middle of all the wrapping paper and boxes sat my very own Television! It was the best Christmas ever and probably one of the few gifts I remember. My mother, however, had a concerned look on her face as she kept watching me. She came over and ask, more than once, are you happy? Of course I was! A TV!! That many years ago, it wasn’t common for every room to have a TV, so this was a really cool gift. My Mother, however, was so concerned that I had less gifts under the tree. She tried to explain that the TV took most of the money they would have spent on me. Again, I was fine, because, I got a TV and could not begin to tell you what else I got. Unless that was the year they bought me, The Little Mermaid, on VHS?

Now, years later, I find myself counting gifts under the tree, adding the money we spent, and worrying that it is not enough. It’s always too much and way more than any child should get. Maybe I should have started with the, Jesus got three gifts, and that’s all you are getting rule? Seriously, I know people that do it and they don’t seem to be as stressed at Christmas as I am.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon

His shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty

God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

It is so easy to get caught up in finding the perfect gift that we forget about The Gift. The Good News, of our Savior, whose birth we celebrate. Take a moment or two and remember the reason you are gathering this season. Hope was born on Christmas Eve. New Life for all that accept Christ as their personal Savior. Grace came down with a promise of eternal life. It’s not the gifts that matter this season, it is The Gift.



Precious Lord, who gave his only son, Holy Holy Holy are you! We give you praise and glory forever! Let all remember the reason we celebrate. This is a season of miracles and Father, you know my heart and the miracle I pray over all gifts under the tree. For others that need a miracle, I pray they receive. For those that do not know you, my prayer is that the gift they receive is one of eternal life, secured by the very Saviors birth we celebrates, death on a cross. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment