Monday, November 21, 2016

Face Down


Face Down






Image result for praying
A few weeks ago I drove by a church and I saw  man lying face down in the park lot. No other cars were there and he appeared to have been walking. A back pack lay close beside him and his head was on his arm. I turned around and drove by again. He appear to either be hurt or praying. I didn’t feel the Lord asking me to stop, so I turned down a side street and called 911. I told he operating that the man was either hurt or praying. As I drove back by, I watched as a fire truck turned in and two men on a motorcycle had stopped and they were talking to the man. I realized, that I had been right, he was praying. Tears were streaming down his face and the look of despair brought tears to my own eyes. I began to pray for the man. I still can’t shake the question of what would bring a man, face down in a church parking lot, to pray. The backpack makes me think he could be homeless. Maybe he has nothing left and he found himself walking by a church and lay face down to pray to God. I don’t know and may never know. I do know that the men that stopped were at that place at that moment to do exactly what they were doing. I know that God allowed me to witness it and he is preparing my heart to help those in need.

The Lord helps all who fall, He raises up all who are oppressed.

Ps 145:14

I don’t have a devotion planned out for this week. The one I am working on is not complete, so I thought I would share this quick story with you. Who knows, maybe it will turn into a devotion one day. I do ask that if you can, to give a little more this season. Christmas is a time to celebrate our Savior and what better way, than to care for his children

Father God, thank you for eyes to see the work that we have to do. So many in need and so few hands to help them. Give the church a heart for those in needs. Bless the man I saw Lord. I pray he has found help and his life if improving. I pray he finds Salvation and the joy that comes with a relationship with you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment