Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Creator


The Creator


Several years ago I worked with a young man that would take his lunch during my lunch time and come into my sanctuary and start conversation. At the time I felt he did it to annoy me but now, having time to reflect, I realize he was searching. The TV in our break room, only showed news channels, which led to many political conversation. The conversation he liked to engage in more than any, was around my relationship with Christ. I believe he was searching for truth, unwilling to accept Christ. One day he ask a question, that anyone that has a relationship with Christ, can expect to get, at some time in their walk.

Do people that have never heard of Christ, go to Hell? I didn’t completely understand the question. He elaborated and ask if people in a remote village in Africa never met a missionary, do they go to Hell for not accepting Christ? If so, how can a loving God send a person to Hell that never had the opportunity to hear of Him?

I was stumped. How do I answer that question?  

For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the

creation of the world, being understood through what He has made.

As a result, people are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

The next day, I shared, Romans 1:20 with him. He looked at me and said he would have to think about it. He never engaged me in conversation about my faith again. I was shocked and hurt that I had given him an answer, he had no response, and he never brought it up again. I don’t know what happened to that young man. I left the company and heard he did too.

For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their

thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be

wise they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal

man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.

Romans 1:21-23

I love to sit outside in the mornings and listen as God’s birds sing a chorus of praise. I like to watch as the squirrels and chipmunks scavenge around for food. I don’t even mind the occasionally rabbit in my garden. I like to see the way their little mouths never stop chewing as they watch me to see if I going to get too close. I have never doubted that these things were created. I often think that God’s artwork is shown in the early morning sky with colors no artist can replicate. The moon, when it is bright and full is a marvel as I look up at night and the sun, no matter how hot, is always more beautiful coming up over the ocean. Still, I know that all of that is created. I worship the Creator and I have never doubted His authenticity. I have, however, run from him. Searching for happiness in places I had no business and believing that He had no love for me. In all of days of ignoring the Creator, He never ignored me. He was there with me each time I stumbled and fell. He showed himself to me through protection, healing, providing when I was in need, and of course, in all of the wonders of this earth. Reminding me that He was still loving me, even when I rejected Him. When I ran to my Savior, my blessings became more abundant and at times, I am overwhelmed with the love and mercy He gives me. I see those around me refusing to worship the Creator and giving into things created. It makes me sad when I see them blessed and they don’t recognized where that came from. Instead, believing they were in the right place at the right time. I think, how much more He would give, if you would just believe.

Pray for those that worship the created and not the Creator. Show them Jesus with love, not judgement. Remember our Saviors conversation at the Well, when he loved the Samaritan woman where she was. He is the only Judge, we are His vessels.

Father God, in a world with so much hate and destruction, where the color of a man’s skin can determine the love that others show and the uniform a man chooses can bring death with no reason, I pray. I ask your protection for those that serve us and I pray those persecuted, for no reason other than the color, you gave them. I pray we all see each other as your children and love the differences in all. I pray for love without judgement. I pray that we care more for the life than the lifestyle. Bring us to our knees, Father, bring us to the foot of the cross to ask forgiveness for killing each other, for hating each other, for only witnessing to those we deem worthy. My God, My God, I cry out to you for this lost world, believing you can open the hearts of the lost and turn our eyes to you. Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment