Sunday, July 24, 2016

Love them where they are.


Love them where they are.





Years ago I was having a conversation with a woman about a family member of hers that had chosen to work, instead of staying home with her children, like she did. She went on to say the reason this family members grandchildren were now divorced or having babies before marriage, was due to her decision to work. I looked at this person and said that I too had a child of wedlock and that I had turned out just fine and that I was sure her granddaughter would too. She looked me straight in the eyes, put her hand to her chest, in true southern woman fashion, and said, “Rhonda, I had no idea you were that way.” I just smiled and walked away. I don’t know that we have had a conversation since.

I am obligated both to Greeks and barbarians, both to the wise and the foolish.

Romans 1:14

Why is it that people refuse to see all sin as sin and choose to believe that somehow their sin is less harmful than that of others? It always makes me sad when I hear of a young unwed girl that no longer comes to church. We often don’t see her again until she is either married or after the baby is born. The human race, in general, seems to be that way with sin. We judge the sin that we choose not to partake in, forgetting the sin we hide in our own house.

I was not attending church when I was pregnant with my oldest son, but I was judged by this world. I had a good friend that was all of a sudden, no longer such a good friend. Her daddy didn’t like her hanging around me any longer. I saw her parents in the grocery store when my son was around 2 years old. Her mother spoke kindly to me and ask if this was my son, her father on the other hand, looked at my sweet boy and said, “Is that is?” He then walked off, with his wife not far behind. My feelings were hurt but I didn’t let it phase me, nor did I allow the woman above to phase me.

We must learn to love people where they are in life. We all believe different things, we were all raised differently, and we are not all of the same culture. Like Paul said, he was obligated to the Greeks and the Barbarians, we are obligated to all people.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek.

For in it God’s righteousness is revealed from faith to faith, just as it is written: The Righteous will live by faith.

 For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness

Suppress the truth.

Romans 1: 16-19

 Paul reminds us that God’s salvation is for all who believe. It’s not for a select few, it is for everyone. Yet, we as sinners ourselves, seem to believe that person must clean up their life before the gospel can be shared. We are quick to judge someone for the way they live, the color of their skin, the way they dress, the size of their body, the job they work, the addiction they give into, the way they speak, and the list can go on and on.

We, as followers of Christ, must learn from Paul and realize that it is not our job to judge but to spread the gospel to all who will listen. Let God work on their hearts. Remember, God’s word will not return void. It may be Heaven, before you know the impact sharing the gospel had on that person, but it will not return void.

Let’s go out this week and show love, respect, and God’s word, into this lost world. Help heal the hurt that people are feeling with God’s love and leave the judgement, for the only one that can.

Father God, I thank you for your Word. I thank you that it will not return void. I lift up each person reading this that you will let them see with the eyes of love instead of judgment. Forgive me for judging others and treating them different. Allow me to be the hands and feet. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a great job! Be encouraged, friend, that God will use his blog to reach far more than you can imagine. From a fellow new blogger to another, congrats & thanks for this encouragement!

    ReplyDelete