Saturday, January 20, 2018

Domino Effect


Domino Effect





Image result for first domino to fall
a cumulative effect produced when one event
initiates a succession of similar events
I thought about it all day and I knew that when I had a quiet moment what I was going to do. After work, I sat in a dark car and I made the call, with my heart beating through my chest. “Hello” she answered and I began my apology.

Lack of control over a situation had caused me to break. I unleashed anger and caused an argument between two people that didn’t need an excuse to argue. It was my belief that she was purposely doing something and to be honest, I still believe that it was happening, because it stopped after the argument. Never the less, I still owed her an apology, as I had no grounds to falsely accuse. I wrote about the victory of that moment in my journal and I thought I would share parts of it.

11/08/2009

A domino? This week God used me as the first domino. A simply apology, not so simple when it’s given to someone who owes me, and my family a lot of apologies. But, still, conviction and obedience and I feel great. No anger, not waves of torment, just relief, peace and joy. Hallelujah!

God told me He used me this week as a domino, the first apology! To which I chuckled, Lord you use me a lot as the first domino.  Just think of the benefits of being the first person to fall on your knees….. I fell first, to start a long line of knees hitting the ground. The loving hand of Jesus, Abba, reaching down to gently guide me to my knees. The second, third, fourth, and so it goes, dominoes knocked down by the first, each harder, and more weight as each one piles up. Something God gently started in silence lays hard, fast, and heavy as each domino falls….louder and louder, until each domino involved fall.

The dominoes are people and the falling is obedience to forgiveness. Sin holds us in stubborn disobedience and as each person refuses to surrender, another domino is added.

I remembered when I wrote this being so sure that all of the dominoes were going to fall, immediately. Isn’t that the way you see it happen with the game? Truth is, sometimes your domino falls but something prevents the other one from falling immediately. That’s okay, because when we pray, God listens. Just remember, He also gives us free will, he can’t force us to our knees to pray, only guide us. If we refuse, the sin remains. Eventually you learn to live with the guilt of that sin and it just feels normal, you may even make excuses and blame it on others. Deep down, you know the truth and so does God.


Father God, thank you for this reminder. On days when my prayers seem unanswered, you remind me that they are prayers in waiting. Held back by a stubborn domino. I lift up all who read this, if they have an apology to give, guide them to their knees and then be with them while they

No comments:

Post a Comment