Saturday, June 24, 2017

We all Sin


We all Sin





Image result for construction workers

Driving to work, music loud, dancing to the rhythm, preparing my mind for the day my job brings, I am stopped by red light. As I sit behind a large construction truck, something reflective catches my eye. I turn and see men walking in straight lines, on wall less floors; like an ant farm they march. Nothing distinctive about them, all in blue jeans, bright yellow shirts, with neon yellow vest, striped in the back with gray reflective tape, and a white hard hat to round out the look. Light turns green and I turn right, toward my destination. On the way my mind is filled with the reassurance that this is how Almighty see's us - loved the same, no matter our gender, race, or creed. Sin, also the same to Creator, all the same, all judged the same, all forgiven the same.

18 But what comes out of the mouth comes from the heart, and this defiles a man.


19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, sexual immoralities, thefts, false testimonies, blasphemies.

Matthew 15: 18-19

The older I get the more I am I thankful that God does not judge sin differently. The first time I went from wishing God had a hotter hell for people that do the unthinkable, was a few years ago when my oldest child spread his wings and flew into sinful territory. I told countless pray warrior friends, of mine, how thankful I was that God see’s all sin as sin. You see, it is man that sees sin differently. How many times have you caught yourself standing in a doorway talking about something with a fellow, Follower, only to turn down a sinful path of gossip? We see that as innocent sin and probably justify it because of our frustration with the topic at hand. Yet Christ says in that moment we are defiled.

All the ways of man are clean in his own eyes.

Proverbs 16:2

I found that Proverb and though it was not originally part of this, I found it humorous. In a world of Social Media, where people blast their sin like the nightly- news and then call you judgmental for not agreeing with the decisions they have made, I found this to be a wise proverb. Do we not justify our sin? Do we not believe that the God that loves us would never judge us for doing something that makes us happy? After all, a loving God would never condemn man to Hell for something so simple. You are right, our loving God did not choose to condemn any of us to Hell, which is why, in His all-knowing wisdom, He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to pardon our sins. God knows that sinful man will sin. He knows that no matter how hard we try, our flesh will win, sometimes and more than likely, it will win daily. When the car pulls out in front of you after sitting in long line of traffic, when work becomes unbearable, when your kids will not sit down, when your husband works late, again, and so on and so on….

Our saving grace is that God sees sin the same. No sin is greater, no sin is less. Love is the only action we can use that will break through to a person’s heart. When we throw hate at a person it does not come back with the same result as love. Remember our Savior. He loves us so much that he laid down his life. Love without expectation. Show kindness to those that sin differently than you do and you will be amazed at what the Lord can do with that.

Father, I thank you for seeing my sin as the same and knowing my heart. I am grateful that your son took my punishment, because I am weak and in the words of Paul, I do what I don’t want to do. Help me use love to show the world who You are. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment