Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Fog



Ever notice fog on a burden laden dewy kissed morning? Structures lay like shadows in the heavy mist as clouds lower in atmosphere to embrace the earth. Trees, fences, houses, street signs are all but ghost as the fog slowly ascends covering the eyes view of what was so clear only moments before. While walking through, one notices that the fog is not still, but moving at the pace of an half empty honey jar, sprinkled with sugar crystals. Clothing becomes moist and a chill finds its way into your bones.

This must be why Hollywood likes to use fog when showing a dark and scary scene. The fog prohibits our sight and things that we know are there, are suddenly hard to find. One, can lose their way, when stumbling through the fog.

Years ago, after I had my youngest son, I found myself in a fog. It wasn’t until I started to see the light shining through that I even realized I was in a fog. Baby blues, post-partum, mommy sadness…. Call it what you want, but I was in a fog of post-partum. The only person to notice, was my mother in law, whom I lashed out at and refused her help. Becoming angry when she would drop in or offer to help. I didn’t even realize why I was so angry and it took many years to fully wake up and kick myself for not allowing her to help me.  

This is the way many sinners walk through life. The fog of sin so thick they can’t see all of the joy and goodness that is just one acceptance away. Like me with my Mother in law, when Followers try to talk to the lost about Christ love, they lash out and many don’t even know why. For the Follower, we can see how dark and sad their lives are. Constantly searching for happiness in new relationships, new diets, new clothing trends, new food, expensive trips, you name it. But to the lost traveling through the fog, the happiness that the Son provides, it’s lost in a dense fog, covering everything.

“Listen, you blind, so that you may see. Who is blind but My servant, or deaf like My messenger I am sending? Who is blind like My dedicated one or blind like the servant of the Lord? Though seeing many things, you do not obey. Though his ears are open, he does not listen.”

Is 42: 18-20

                                                                                                                      

Remember when you see that person in the fog that Paul tells us in, Romans 3:10, There is none righteous, not one. At one time we were all blind and walking in the fog. Only God can provide the sun that will dissolve the fog and give eyes to the joy that lies ahead. Pray for those walking through the fog. Like the scripture says, though seeing many things, you do not obey. That is all of us. No one sin is greater than the other. The difference for a Follower of Christ, is that, His blood has forgiven us. Those lost in the fog, are without forgiveness.

Father God, we lift up those lost in the fog of this Principality. We pray that the joy you have given to us, will soon be accepted by them. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment